You have no items in your shopping cart.
Swipe to the left
Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole
12 June 2018 No comments
2 cups shredded roasted chicken 2 cups broccoli 4 spring onions, finely chopped 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 cup wild rice 1 tomato, chopped 2 ½ cups chicken stock ¼ cup sour cream 1 cup cheese, grated ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated Salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F). In a large frying pan melt the butter over a medium heat. Add the garlic and most of the spring onion and cook for a bout 2 mins or until soft.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, rice, tomato and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- In a bowl mix the sour cream and chicken stock well with a whisk. Add this to the pan along with half of the grated cheese and half of the parmesan and mix well.
- Bring to a simmer and then pour into a baking dish and bake covered until the rice is tender and the liquid is mostly absorbed. About 30 mins.
- Remove from the oven and cover with the rest of the cheese and parmesan and put under the grill uncovered until the cheese is melted and golden, about 2 mins.
Posted in: Recipes