You have no items in your shopping cart.
Swipe to the left
Low Carb Bread
31 May 2016 No comments
- 1 ½ cups (150g) almond flour (or ground almonds)
- 4 tablespoons (60g) psyllium hull powder
- 2 teaspoons (10g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5g) salt
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) extra virgin olive oil (or melted butter or coconut oil)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (100g) sour cream (for dairy free option replace sour cream with 35ml water and another 60ml olive oil)
- 100g mixed seeds such as sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, poppy and linseeds (optional)
- Beat eggs in a small bowl.
- In another bowl combine all other ingredients and then mix in the beaten eggs and leave to stand for 10 minutes to allow psyllium to absorb moisture.
- When mixture is less sticky, shape dough on baking paper-lined baking tray or add to a muffin tray or loaf tin.
- Bake at 160°C for 25 mins or until knife comes out clean. Taken from "What the Fat?" by Prof Grant Schofield, Dr Caryn Zinn and Craig Rodger
Posted in: Recipes